Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silversurfer513
Level 7

Roku player keeps returning to home screen after streaming for a few minutes on EVERY channel

I searched for current issues related to my title didn't see any, saw posts from two years ago. As the title states my Roku Express keeps returning to the home screen after a few minutes of play on every channel. I've rebooted several times, checked my connection and disabled bandwidth saver. Nothing works. Software up to date. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
morgandy75
Level 9

Re: Roku player keeps returning to home screen after streaming for a few minutes on EVERY channel

My Roku Ultra is doing something similar. My night routine is to use Roku Media Channel and earbuds in remote for audio. I turn off the TV and listen to video playing from media Channel ( I have an external hard drive connected to the Roku). I've been doing this for years. This week things changed. Within 5 minutes of turning off the TV, the audio stops. I hear nothing in the earbuds. I turn the TV on and discovered the Roku has returned to home screen.  I've tried rebooting, tried a different HDMI and also did a factory reset today. Nothing has worked.  I love the earbuds in the remote for private listening. This helps me fall asleep to movie audio without disturbing my significant other. How do I get this working like it was a few days ago?

pvcampbell
Level 7

Re: Roku player keeps returning to home screen after streaming for a few minutes on EVERY channel

Same issue here.  Been listening to Roku with the TV off for years.  Within the last couple weeks, it began returning to the home screen a few minutes after the TV is turned off.

incith
Level 7

I'm also having this problem.  Roku used to stay where I left it...now it goes back to the home screen after TV power off.  Really annoying!

0 Kudos
xcarlosx
Level 7

Solved mine by changing the screensaver and timing. Also you could just disable screensaver.

0 Kudos
morgandy75
Level 9

Tried changing the screensaver and then disabling. Neither worked. I've been reluctant to do any system update since the last messed up my usage. Have you updated your roku recently?

0 Kudos
morgandy75
Level 9

Have you found any fix?

0 Kudos
xcarlosx
Level 7

Updated Nov 11. The screensaver I changed to was Roku (skyline) with a delay of 5 min.

I had also set the bandwidth saver to off. Also try fooling with options in app.

0 Kudos
morgandy75
Level 9

Updated and used the same settings as you mentioned. The RMP is worse now. It won't play many of my vids and instead it lasting 3 minutes before cutting off audio and switching to home screen, it's immediately when I turn the rv off.