Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reginat
Level 7

Roku only showing up on half my screen whyy!?

I recently bought roku and it’s only showing up on half my screen on my 40inch and I check for system updates and I restart the roku.. still not working!! I wanna know how I can fix this problem!!!! 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
rogeryenkins
Level 7

Re: Roku only showing up on half my screen whyy!?

I'm having the same issue with my Roku streaming stick +

Please help!

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Have you tried restarting the device?
Settings > System > System restart
(Or for Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

These things are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes you just need to clear things out by restarting them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
Rpgalla
Level 7

I have a 4200x and I’ve done a system restart, unplugged the power unplug the HDMI cord from both the device and the TV ,plugged everything back in. I’ve done everything but a factory reset at this point and still it shows only on half screen - it just started doing it today and I’ve had this device for many years. The software is also up-to-date. HELP!!!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Rpgalla

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Do you experience the issue on a specific channel or across channels installed on your Roku device? Please also try using a different HDMI cable or try using a different HDMI port to see if that will make any difference. A photo showing the problem would be a great help as well.

Moreover, if the issue only occurs on one channel, removing the channel then re-installing it may help. Make sure to restart the affected Roku player before adding it back in. Visit this Support article for step-by-step instructions: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rpgalla
Level 7

Hi! It’s every channel. I have tried swapping the hdmi cord  as that did not fix it. I cannot see enough of the screen to see the instructions or code for a factory reset.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for the note, @Rpgalla

Have you tried connecting your Roku to another TV? If not, try giving it a shot. Please also provide us a photo of what the issue looks like on your TV screen and fill out the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-Screenshot or picture of the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos