Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_s
Level 11

Re: Roku not working 020 Error

@Jimoke wrote:

I called your customer tech line yesterday 5/15/21 and he told me it was a software issue that needed update for a one time charge of $49.95. 

No, you didn't. You found some phone number with an Internet search, and they tried to scam you. It wasn't Roku, which doesn't charge for updates.

Benjaminjames11
Level 8

@mike_s is correct .. Roku doesn’t charge for updates bc Roku doesn’t address the issues of their failed products at all. 

dwana442
Level 7

This worked for me. Thx! 
@hardworkingmom wrote:

I was having same issue. I tried unplugging all cords as indicated by Roku. I watched the video and went to settings, display type and ran the auto detect. It's working again.

hardworkingmom
Level 7

@dwana442 wonderful!!!Glad my 2¢ helped out 😁💕

0 Kudos
eceagles
Level 7

None of these troubleshooting techniques have worked for me. The problem I have is the 020 error code only pops up intermittently and then goes away. Sometimes it doesn’t even pop up the screen just goes dark for a few seconds and comes back. I’ve replaced the hdmi and tried different hdmi ports to no avail. My LG 4K is less than a year old. And the roku ultra is the same age. Extremely frustrating 

0 Kudos
AndreaT
Level 7

Error 020

My tv has worked correctly until yesterday, when I try to watch a movie on Netflix and I get the error 020, I have done everything that says in the tutorials and articles that are on the Roku support page, but nothing has worked, that I should make? The roku prime that I have will not work again with my old television? Should I return the roku prime or simply the TV is very old (Samsung  LN-S4092D) and I should buy a new one. I have done everything that I have found in the help articles nothing has worked, I have configured the Roki and the tv as well and nothing works for me. #rokuprime #SamsungLN-S4092DError 020

0 Kudos
Kml7
Level 7

Error Message 020-followed instructions but still not working

I followed all the instructions when I got the Error Message 020, unplugging the HDMI, TV, etc. etc.  In fact I did it several times.  Everything looked like it was going to work - the home screen came on, my channels were listed, the guides came up.  When I select a channel, it shows me the name of the show and the episode, etc. etc., but when I select it, the screen is blank.  Just sort of gray.  There is no sound.  Every channel is the same way.  I also noticed there is no "clink" sound it usually makes when I select things either. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@eceagles @AndreaT 

Thanks for the post.

The error code you are seeing refers to an HDCP error. For troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
eceagles
Level 7

Danny, I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting to no avail.  Here’s the serial number -

x0100069GGWX

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@eceagles

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information and concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos