Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lestat
Level 7

Re: Roku not working 020 Error

Roku express settings - device change from auto to either 720 or 1080

0 Kudos
mike_s
Level 11

Roku, fix this. 

I replaced a Premier+ with a 2020 Ultra. Absolutely nothing else was changed, it was a straight swap of one for the other. Never had HDCP issues with the Premier+. Now I get 020 errors several times per hour on the Ultra. They'll even occur when content is paused.

Highly annoying Smiley Mad. Fix it.

0 Kudos
dede_212002
Level 7

Re: I have same issue new Roku today Re: Roku not working 020 Error

Same issue bought most expensive cord there is for this problem. When streaming you tube or Netflix is when it pops up. Brand new smart TV and brand new roku wth...an answers

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@dede_212002

Thanks for the inquiry.

The error code you are seeing refers to an HDCP error. For troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Benjaminjames11
Level 8

Danny and Roku you are stupid read these comments.  Your customer service sucks which is why we are switching all our devices to fire stick. HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS FIX ISSUES.

mike_s
Level 11

Re: I have same issue new Roku today Re: Roku not working 020 E

Make up your mind, and learn how to spell. While Roku certainly isn't addressing obvious issues, you're not adding anything constructive.

gblanchard
Level 7

I have to agree. For Gods sake it is a streaming stick...your **bleep** is making it fail...fix it or tell us how to do it for you. I will not buy another ROKU product till you fix this issue.

0 Kudos
Ihateeveryone
Level 7

This roku is **bleep**. I am pissed. Thought roku was a great thing, until error 020. NO WAY TO FIX THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE. GONNA BUY A FIRESTICK. tried everything. NO one should waste this much time trying to stream tv.

0 Kudos
hardworkingmom
Level 7

I was having same issue. I tried unplugging all cords as indicated by Roku. I watched the video and went to settings, display type and ran the auto detect. It's working again.

Jimoke
Level 7

I called your customer tech line yesterday 5/15/21 and he told me it was a software issue that needed update for a one time charge of $49.95. Is Roku resorting to Colonial Pipeline ransomware now. If it’s a software issue on their end why should I pay. 

0 Kudos