Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Husker_Brian
Level 8

Roku not playing through Panasonic Viera Link Home Theater and Pansonic TV

Jump to solution

I have a Roku express playing through a Panasonic TV and Panasonic Home theater system.  I "cut the cable cord" and removed the cable box which was hooked up to this same setup and put in the Roku.  The audio output will only play through the TV and not the surround sound.  When I use the Panasonic "Viera Link" and change it to Home Theater, it goes silent.  I went through all the various Roku audio settings and the only thing that did was make it so the audio would not even work through the TV.  I was streaming Netflix while trying all of this out.  What settings do I need to change?  Obviously, the only difference was the introduction of the Roku.  It is an older set up where I have the Roku running via HDMI to the TV and the TV and Home Theater player are connected via HDMI as well.  This has to be a common issue as I am sure I am not the first to want to do this.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Husker_Brian
Level 8

Re: Roku not playing through Panasonic Viera Link Home Theater and Pansonic TV

Jump to solution

I finally got mine to work when I went directly from my surround sound/DVD player to the TV via an optical audio cord.  That was the only thing that made the sound go through the system as I wanted it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MiMi2019MiMi
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue, epson projector. Did anyone solve your problem?  If so would you share?

Thank you 

Michelle

0 Kudos
Husker_Brian
Level 8

Jump to solution

I finally got mine to work when I went directly from my surround sound/DVD player to the TV via an optical audio cord.  That was the only thing that made the sound go through the system as I wanted it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mnothem94
Level 7

Jump to solution

Please let us to know in more detail how you did this. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Husker_Brian
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had to use an audio cord going from my surround sound to my TV to make this work.

0 Kudos
mnothem94
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is what I am working with:

I have the Roku in HDMI 2. For the audio I have RCA cables in component 2, while using a converter to AUX to attach my computer speakers. I have tried all the configurations for the RCA white and red cables for these speakers. I am now thinking I need to get a HDMI converter to attach the computer speakers to HDMI 1 with ARC. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

IMG_5749.jpgIMG_5748.jpg

0 Kudos