Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku not playing streaming services

After 8/8/2020 Roku update, multiple apps drop connection or cannot connect to internet. They freeze or drop out or just stop responding. This happens to Crunchyroll, Hulu, Amazon prime video, CBS All Access, etc. Basically all of the streaming services on Roku. The common thread seems to be the last Roku update. 

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku not playing streaming services

Make sure all your channel apps have been updated for the latest version of the Roku operating system by forcing a system update.  Settings > System > System update.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yep. One of the first things I tried. The latest build is installed like I mentioned in my post - the one dated 8/8/202, version 9.3.0, build 4194.  This is for the Roku 4 - 4640X.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

BTW - I think this is a Roku issue since the streaming apps play just fine on my computer and tablet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Same thing happening to me. Everything is updated to latest versions and have reset everything and nothing is working.

0 Kudos