Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku not playing EAC 5.1 audio

"richeydog" wrote:
"xxx4reggie" wrote:
I just ordered FireTV 4k to test out and will update. If FireTV works, then I'll replace all my Roku with that, if not then flower.... I don't know Smiley Sad

I've read a couple of reviews on amazon that said it converts dolby digital plus to dolby digital 5.1.
Please let us know if it works because I am interested in getting one for my Denon avr-591. Smiley Happy

Richeydog, only the Ultra model 4640 decodes DD+ to DD, That is not the current model Ultra, which is the 4660/4661 (same hardware, different headphones). If the Ultra you are looking at does not have an optical port, it's not the 4640. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
richeydog
Level 8

"atc98092" wrote:
"richeydog" wrote:
"xxx4reggie" wrote:
I just ordered FireTV 4k to test out and will update. If FireTV works, then I'll replace all my Roku with that, if not then flower.... I don't know Smiley Sad

I've read a couple of reviews on amazon that said it converts dolby digital plus to dolby digital 5.1.
Please let us know if it works because I am interested in getting one for my Denon avr-591. Smiley Happy

Richeydog, only the Ultra model 4640 decodes DD+ to DD, That is not the current model Ultra, which is the 4660/4661 (same hardware, different headphones). If the Ultra you are looking at does not have an optical port, it's not the 4640. 

Thanks for your response. I'm really not interested in buying a Roku Ultra. I was just wondering if the Fire TV Stick 4K had the ability to decode DD+ to DD. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

You're probably in the wrong forum to get an answer about that.  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
richeydog
Level 8

"xxx4reggie" wrote:
So just got the Roku Ultra and no go with the EAC, time to return it back to amazon. Really disappointed with the crappy devices from Roku.
I guess it was the newer one which removes the good features.
Firestick will be here tomorrow.

I''ll search for the 4660 version and check that too.

Did you get a chance to test the Fire TV Stick? Does it convert dolby digital+ to dolby digital 5.1?
0 Kudos