Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku needs to be restarted every time, even though it is already on

The Roku is not appearing when I turn the TV on. I already wake up the Roku by clicking the remote before turning the TV on and the TV recognizes that there is a signal. But nothing shows up. This is a new Roku Premiere. We have to restart it every time and should not have to. It is plugged into wall outlet.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku needs to be restarted every time, even though it is already on

"Waking up the Roku" shouldn't make any difference.

Is your Roku powered via the USB port on your tv or by being plugged into your house power?

If plugged into the USB port, on many tvs this is only active when the tv is turned on.  This means the Roku must go through its startup routine every time the tv starts up.  If your tv starts up quicker than the Roku and checks for input on the HDMI port before the Roku is ready to respond, you can end up with nothing being displayed.  Try just switching your tv to a different input and back to the Roku's HDMI port to force the tv to check the port again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku needs to be restarted every time, even though it is already on

The device is connected to house power. I wrote that in my original post.

Changing sources away and then back to the correct input does not work either.

0 Kudos