Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoonyMN
Level 7

Roku low power, won't find network, reboots suddenly

I purchased a Roku Premiere+ earlier this year. Today it rebooted suddenly, and when it powered up it gave me an insufficient power warning. I am using all cables provided by Roku, including a power adapter and cable to a wall outlet. If the warning doesn't come up, the device cannot find my wireless network. If it does, the Roku reboots before being able to connect, and the process begins again. 

EDIT: I grabbed my Roku Premiere from my living room. Using all the same cables, it works perfectly. Using the living room’s cables, the premiere that was failing does not work. The problem clearly seems to be with the device itself, not the cables. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku low power, won't find network, reboots suddenly

If you haven't already, unplug the power adapter from the wall for 30 seconds or so and plug it back in.

If that doesn't help, do you have a power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet that you can try?  Look at the fine print on the adapter and look for one that has an output of at least 1A (or 1000mA) and higher is even better.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
LoonyMN
Level 7

@renojim tried both…. No dice. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You might want to start exploring a warranty return or perhaps @RokuDanny-R can help.

Warranty return information:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos