Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dezzy
Level 7

Roku low power message

Hi i have the roku premiere and it plays a show for abouot 30 minutes then my tv says low power message. I am using the supplied power cables and i am plugging it in directly to the wall. if i plug it  in to a extension cord and plug the extension cord into a different room it works fine. but i do not want to have to do that. before i was powering my tv and cable box off the same outlet no problem. but now with the roku i get low power message. it started doing this after 1 week of use. I also tested the wall outlet with a multimeter and my outles is 120v. im not sure what the problem is or if my roku is just defective...?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku low power message

That's one of the more bizarre things I've ever heard.  Do you have a surge protector you can try?  What happens if you use the same extension cord but plug it into the close-by outlet?  Maybe it's a magic extension cord.  :-D

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
joanie81
Level 7

I don't have a Smart TV but have been able to use Roku for years and now, I get a message that I dont have enough power to support the transmission. Please advise.  Joan Bucknam

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@joanie81, do you have the Roku plugged into the wall or the TV's USB port?  If it's plugged into the TV's USB port then try the supplied power adapter.  If you're already using the supplied power adapter then it may have gone bad.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos