Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dezzy
Level 7

Roku low power message

Hi i have the roku premiere and it plays a show for abouot 30 minutes then my tv says low power message. I am using the supplied power cables and i am plugging it in directly to the wall. if i plug it  in to a extension cord and plug the extension cord into a different room it works fine. but i do not want to have to do that. before i was powering my tv and cable box off the same outlet no problem. but now with the roku i get low power message. it started doing this after 1 week of use. I also tested the wall outlet with a multimeter and my outles is 120v. im not sure what the problem is or if my roku is just defective...?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku low power message

That's one of the more bizarre things I've ever heard.  Do you have a surge protector you can try?  What happens if you use the same extension cord but plug it into the close-by outlet?  Maybe it's a magic extension cord.  :-D

0 Kudos