Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku keeps stopping

I had the same issues and even a small screen in the left side of tv. I spent all day messing with this tv and reading stuff online. It's finally fixed. Don't do anything BUT UNPLUG THE ROKU and the HDMI cord. Use a new HDMI cord or plug the current one in the opposite holes. Just take one end out and plug it into the other hole where the end is plugged up then that end in the hole where the other end went. Turn everything back on and it should be fine. No thrown out of your show or little screen in left corner. Good luck hope this works!!

Jennxriot
Reel Rookie

Please do not troubleshoot me as I have been doing everything asked ALL NIGHT. I'm plugged into the wall w roku cord and brick. I've restarted everything, uninstalled, reinstalled, turned bandwidth saver off, checked internet connection.... And even tried below HDMI cable post switch. NOTHING. 

HELP!!! 

-3930X

-X004009FLS2R

-S00839DFLS2R

-9.4.0 • build 4210-AE

-Issue occurs in ALL channels except Netflix

- no tracker ID

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: literally just go to any app, try to stream a show, only get to watch for 5-6mins and it kicks me back to home screen. 

0 Kudos
sp3
Reel Rookie

Another user recommended flipping the hdmi cable around. I tried it and, after trying EVERYTHING else recommended, flipping the cord actually worked. Take the end you have in the TV and put it into the Roku receiver and vice versa. Voila. Hope that helps. 

0 Kudos
Jennxriot
Reel Rookie

I already stated I've tried this. Unfortunately it did not work for me. 

What's crazy is this ONLY started happening when I moved it from a different TV. It has not given me a single issue until now. 

I also tried it back in the original TV it was in, and switched the cords every which way - still happened EVERY TIME. I feel like I'm going insane - I promise you I spent every bit of 3+hours trying different things repeatedly. 

I have the same issue, on every channel.  I turned off the bandwith saver, removed and reinstalled channels, did both a regular reset and a factory reset and nothing fixes the problem. It plays a show for about three minutes then kicks me out to the roku homescreen.  I have a roku Express.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Desirae1991

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jennxriot
Reel Rookie

I LITERALLY ALREADY DID THAT!!!! 

0 Kudos
Renee92

Roku express

Model: 3930X SN:S009304WWCYN

FCC ID:TC2-R1027

IC: 5959A-R1025 

I am having the same issue the ONLY channel i can watch is Netflix any other channel cuts off after 3 mins

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Renee92

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I have requested in my previous post?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BobS2
Binge Watcher

I posted the answer on the "black screen maybe a solution?" topic, but I think it also applies here.  I have a Roku Express and after I had it for a month or two it got worse and worse with black screens, etc.  The basic problem seems to be that it gets hotter and hotter as time goes on, apparently finally to the point where the temperature of its components start to affect its ability to work properly.  

The solution is to turn off the power to the Roku when you are not using it, but the unit has no power on/off switch, not even on the remote.  So you either manually unplug the USB power cable to at least let it cool down overnight, or install a remote controlled power line/switch ($10 from Home Depot) to accomplish the same thing.  Worked for me.

Bob S

0 Kudos