Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaylee597

Roku keeps stopping

I watch for 3 minutes or less. Kicks me out of app and back to home screen. The only thing I can watch without it stopping is netflix.. I have removed and re added channel, factory reset my roku, left my internet off for over 24 hours  please help me! 

43 REPLIES 43
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku keeps stopping

@Kaylee597 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is this happening on a specific channel or does it happen regardless of the channel you are watching? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wawie876

I am also having this issue. The only app that will play is Netflix. All the other apps kick me out and back to the homescreen after a few minutes. I have removed the apps and added them back and the issue persists. I even hit the reset button on the back of the device. No resolve.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wawie876,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done about your playback issues, I will do our best to assist you.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? 
Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Wawie876

The device is plugged into the wall for power and into the TV with an HDMI cord.

0 Kudos
sp3
Reel Rookie

My device will also only play Netflix. I've restarted the device, updated it, and even restored to factory settings. Nothing seems to be working.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the updates.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having issues of Roku going to home screen only after a few minutes of watching on the Roku app. I have tried to restart, take off apps and set back to factory reset. Nothing works. What is the problem?

0 Kudos

I’m having the exact same issue Netflix works anything else no matter what I have done kicks me back to Home Screen. I’m so frustrated I don’t want the roku to just watch Netflix how can I fix it every thing I’ve tried hasn’t worked 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@darkangelwing @Ninamarie8907

Thanks for the posts.

Please see my previous post and provide the information that I have requested. Once we have that information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos