Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beaverking

Roku keeps overriding every input!?

Ok I’m having a frustrating time.  I’ve had roku sticks in the past and they have worked flawlessly until now.  I had my roku stick+ hooked to an older tv and receiver with zero issues.  I just upgraded my whole system so new pioneer AVR and new LG Oled.  So I had the Roku stick and plugged into the AVR with all my other devices and then all that outputting into my tv.  I would put it on whatever input on my AVR and while watching tv or playing games or looking at settings it would keep kicking me to the roku stick Input.  It completely took over my receiver I thought.  So I unplugged it and plugged directly into my TV and that was even worse.  I literally couldn’t change to anything else as any button press would revert to the Hdmi input with the roku stick.      

Ive already gone into the roku and turned off the 1 touch setting and that did nothing.  Literally the only thing that would stop this was turning off the Simplink CEC on my tv and I can’t have that off.  

Again I’ve never experienced this until I got this new gear.  Is there something else I need to do or can do other than unplug it and say goodbye?  

8 REPLIES 8
FVFFC
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku keeps overriding every input!?

I'm having the same problem with my Roku Ultra, Marantz AVR and LG OLED. Has there been any solution?

0 Kudos
NoUserNameInput
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue with my Onkyo 6100. Every time I turn on the TV to a specific AVR input, the Roku takes over and switches the input. It's coming to the point of packing it up.

If the only solution is to turn CEC off, then the Roku is being sold off.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@NoUserNameInput, did you try disabling "1-touch play" under Settings->System->Control other devices?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
FVFFC
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue with my LG OLED C8, Marantz and Roku Ultra. The 1-touch play is turned off. But CEC is turned on the LG and Marantz. 

No issues with my Roku Ultra, Elite Plasma and Onkyo receiver. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

1-touch Play is a CEC feature. (it is not unique to Roku devices).  

On some TVs/HDMI devices, you can disable these individual CEC features in your TV HDMI CEC settings.  On others, it is an all-or-nothing setting, unfortunately.

For those with receivers, you can try disabling the CEC (if available) at the receiver, and leave the TV HDMI CEC enabled and see if that helps. 

Conflicts with CEC do occur, so sometimes have to choose whether a particular device or setup works for your preferred setup/situation.  

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
NoUserNameInput
Reel Rookie

Yes, 1-Touch is off.

I have a Harmony IR remote that runs macros to switch to each activity.  I have a Arris STB for cable, Apple TV 4K. ChromeCast 4K, PS4, and the Roku Premiere all connected to my Onkyo TX-NR6100 AVR.

The only device that forcefully takes over is the Roku. All other devices are happy staying silent until called upon.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@NoUserNameInput 

Not sure if helpful to you but there was a similar discussion in an A/V forum that seemed to indicate that adjusting the timing of switch sequence of connected devices with the Harmony remote may help.

Not at all familiar with Harmony remotes and whether this can be done across their entire line.

(https://www.avforums.com/threads/hdmi-cec-problems.2335412/

---

Just a possible avenue for you to explore.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
FVFFC
Reel Rookie

What brand of display do you have?

0 Kudos