Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku keeps overheating and it is not in an enclosed space

My Roku Premiere keeps overheating and it is not in an enclosed space.  We receive an overheating message after a half hour of usage.  We tried moving it in the open and it still overheats.  Is there a way to exchange it for another one under a manufacturing warranty?  I just bought it this past August.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku keeps overheating and it is not in an enclosed space

@nodell11292 

Thanks for the post.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

If you are still experiencing an issue, please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos