Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnebals
Level 7

Roku just stopped responding with me changing nothing

3600X just stopped.  It is and has been in the HDMI 4 port for years.  When i use TV remote as always to move from HDMI3 to 4 to watch Roku nothing is there anymore?  The flat screen is pretty old not sure what happened.  Any suggestions.  If my Netflicks account expired that should not shut me down right?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku just stopped responding with me changing nothing

Netflix has nothing to do with it.  How are you powering your Stick?  If it's plugged into the TV's USB port, use the wall adapter.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Maybe the HDMI port on the old tv died. Have you tried moving the Roku to a different HDMI port?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
dnebals
Level 7

thanks, i will look for the wall adapter.  Does an apple plug work? 

0 Kudos
dnebals
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion but i did try plugging into other HDMI ports and did not work.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Pretty much any recent name-brand USB power adapter should work.  Look at the tiny print on the adapter and it should say something like Output: 5V 1000mA.  They're all 5 Volts, but the current (the 1000mA in this example) can be anything from 500mA to 2000mA (or 2A).  The higher the better.  You want one that says at least 1000mA or 1A.  Some of the new adapters capable of fast-charging will show two different specifications for output.  I think any of them will work since it should work in 5V mode and only go into fast-charge mode if it detects a compatible device.

-JT

0 Kudos