Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku is plugged in, light is on, but no display on tv

I have had my roku for about 2 years, and all of a sudden, my roku will not respond with my tv. The light on the roku is on, and the tv is on and in the right input, but it will not show up on the tv. I have tried to do a hard reset using the button on the back, but with no luck. I just want to use my roku Smiley Sad what should I do?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Stopped Working - Solid White Light but No Display

We received the Roku Premiere for Christmas. Setup was a breeze and it was working great...until yesterday. All of a sudden it started making a strange noise and there was no display on the TV. Tried removing and replugging the power cord, hard reset, nothing works. Not an issue with being on the incorrect input for the TV. There is a solid white light on the unit which seems to indicate there is power, but still no display. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku is plugged in, light is on, but no display on tv

@Rwehrlin @ARichardsNS 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried using another HDMI cable to see it that resolves your issue? Have you also tried plugging in your device into another HDMI post port? We would also recommend plugging your device into another TV to see whether or not the issue is with the device or the TV itself.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku is plugged in, light is on, but no display on tv

Hi Danny,

I've since exchanged it for a new Roku, which seems to be working fine so far!

Thanks for your reply. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Stopped Working - Solid White Light but No Display

I'm having the same issue and there's nowhere to contact for a replacement.  My device is still under warranty and I'm frustrated that I cannot speak to someone about my issue.

Advice is welcomed.

0 Kudos