Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Booklady67
Level 7

Roku is locking and exiting.

Roku is locking and exiting. I have to rebooted, restarted, unplugged, reset, etc. We would be watching any Roku channel, it freezes, goes to initial "Roku" screen. If I wait before turning off all power, it may come back in a few minutes. But it will not be on the channel we were watching. We do not use wireless; we are directly connected via internet cable. Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Michellemarie
Level 7

Re: Roku is locking and exiting.

Mine is also showing a green lined screen on any Roku channel and my apps. 
Any resolution?

and there is no one who can answer this...

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Roku is locking and exiting.

@Booklady67 wrote:

Roku is locking and exiting. I have to rebooted, restarted, unplugged, reset, etc. We would be watching any Roku channel, it freezes, goes to initial "Roku" screen. If I wait before turning off all power, it may come back in a few minutes. But it will not be on the channel we were watching. We do not use wireless; we are directly connected via internet cable. Thanks for any help

Assuming this is a Roku streaming device, not a Roku TV with built-in Roku capability, how are you powering it?  If powered via the USB port on the TV, many TVs only provide .5 amp if current which is not enought to power the Roku reliably. 

Try powering it via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku, plugged into your house power.  If you can't locate that adapter you can use another you may have handy from a phone or other device -- just be sure the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos