Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tedward

Re: Roku/hearing aids/compatability

Jump to solution

Can other people listen to the TV or only the Bluetooth user?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tedward

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify your inquiry?

With more specific information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tannenba
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If optical out is set to PCM and your unit is on the optical, yes the speakers will still work fine.

0 Kudos
Ziva
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have some cable tv, so my Phonak base station is hooked up to my TV.  I am able to get the sound through my hearing aids from the cable TV.  How do I also get the sound through my hearing aids with my Roku streaming bar as well as the TV?  How do I hook up the cables and to where?  Thanks.

toe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have resolved my hearing aid problem by reconfiguring the inputs to my sound system. Thanks to everyone who made suggestions. Eventually we got there.

tinavander

Jump to solution

If the hearing aids are bluetooth compatible with your cell phone, activate them on your phone, then from Roku app on your phone, activate the Roku device you want to listen to, click settings/controls; activate private listening.  

tinavander

Jump to solution

Activate the Bluetooth function for the Oticon hearing aids through the Oticon app on your phone, then from Roku app on your phone, activate the Roku device you want to listen to, click settings/controls; activate private listening. 

0 Kudos
Jofearr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too am looking for a solution for my hearing aids, but with a slightly different need. 

I have a Roku ultra as well as a TCL TV.  Both of these allow me to use the Roku app on my phone to listen to audio using the app with the headphone listening option.  The problem is that when I do that it cuts off the audio for my wife.  

what would be great is if Roku offered a hearing aid option on the Roku app where it continued to allow the TV sound to play and at the same time activated playing the audio through the Rocky app on my phone.  This way, both my wife and I can hear the audio simultaneously.  

I cannot find a way to submit such a suggestion for their software.  Maybe they monitor this thread. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jofearr, there is a place to make suggestions:

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

Whether or not that's a black hole I couldn't say. 🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
iamKat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have Roku Ultra 4800X and need to connect audio to my mom's HA Oticon More1--iPhone bluetooth enabled.

I looked for ways to connect the Roku Ultra audio to her HA but I do not see where I can choose PCM under Settings > Audio. There is no HDMI option in my Roku Ultra Settings under Audio.

What am I missing? We do not have the Oticon TV Adapter 3.0--would like to resolve without purchasing this adapter.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos