Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku/hearing aids/compatability

Does ROKU support Optical Audio out from the TV? I wear hearing aids and since joining ROKU I'm unable to stream the audio from the TV, through the hearing aid streaming device to my hearing aids. I also have a coax option. There is no coax out from the TV so I tried routing through the stereo receiver with no luck. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can make this work? Thx

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Roku/hearing aids/compatability

Is there some setting on the tv you must enable to get audio from the HDMI port used for your Roku to be sent to the optical output?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku/hearing aids/compatability

Yes, there is a menu to select your output, however, selecting optical audio output doesn't help. Some background: When I was on cable TV (sorry) I had no problem. Now, w/o cable TV I cannot even pair my hearing aid streaming device. I wonder if ROKU supports optical audio output. I think not. The picture is great but the audio is terrible unless you can read lips, I cannot. Thank you for your input. Tony

0 Kudos