Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redvers1

Re: Roku/hearing aids/compatability

Jump to solution

Wow, thank you!!!!! I just spent several hours online trying to figure out what to buy to connect my TV to my new Oticon hearing aids and I stumbled onto this, fantastic!!!

I had purchased Roku premium a couple months ago but had forgot to bring my Oticon Hearing Aid Bluetooth adapter to our vacation condo in the Rockies - now I don't have to, what a treat!!

Sadly, the Oticon Audiologist never told me about this, wanted to sell me another device for $500.00!!!! They'll be hearing from me*###!!**!

I'm going to spread the word.

Cheers,

Elmer

Ziva
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Where do you find PCM.  Is it on the Roku remote or TV remote?  I have come across it but cannot find where.  I am having trouble.  Not able to get Roku through my hearing aids.  Thanks.

Ziva
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

HI, are you talking about the optical cable that came with the Roku?  What do you mean by TV Link?  Where do you find the PCM?  I have come across it somewhere on one of my remotes but I do not remember which one.  Thanks.

Ziva
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Where do I find the PCM?  

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Can't speak to the rest of the setup, but the PCM is located under Roku Settings...Audio...HDMI... here you find PCM Stereo option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ziva
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I found the PCM but discovered it would not solve my problem.  I also have cable which I can get through my hearing aids, but if I go to Roku I cannot get the sound through my hearing aids.  I feel I have tried everything.  I don't think it can be done.  

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

Sorry, I'm not much help there.  Maybe one of the more tech guys like @atc98092  or @StreamerUser  can provide more info on this setup.  I didn't even know Roku was compatible with hearing aids.  Good to know.  A lot of knowledgeable people here, I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.  Also wouldn't hurt to ask your hearing aid supplier if yours are compatible or has some suggestions on getting to work with a streaming device such as roku.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

The audio settings are all located under Settings/Audio. To change to PCM, look under the HDMI setting. By default it is on Auto, and most likely is sending out Dolby Digital. You can change it to PCM Stereo here. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Dawndandy

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem can’t get roku to stream to my hearing aids, having a tech person coming 3/17 to hopefully find a workaround when the cable streams directly to my aids it’s faboulous would be wonderful if I can get the roku to do it also

0 Kudos
toe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Dawndandy, I was able to get streaming to work for my hearing aids by manipulating the receiver inputs and outputs, however, in the process I lost my DVD capability so I'm still not 100% happy. If you find something that may help I'd love to hear it.

Thx, Toe