Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toe
Streaming Star

Re: Roku/hearing aids/compatability

Jump to solution

Thx renojim. That's good to know for the future. Actually, I don't use my phone. I did manage to get my Phonak to work with the TV, it had to be a conflict with the input and output assignments. My Onkyo receiver defies logic. In the process I lost the capability of my DVD player and I've yet to resolve it.

Thx for your input

Tony

0 Kudos
MarkKaminski
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agreed. If the stick has BlueTooth, the app should allow one to switch from TV sound to hearing aids (and nearly all hearing aids now are BlueTooth).

0 Kudos
toe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thx for the update Mark, appreciated

Tony

0 Kudos
Usedknobby
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@toe wrote:

Thx Usedknobby. Wow, this is a reach since so much time has gone by. Actually, I did get my Phonak working properly but didn't post it because I'm not sure what got it working. I am using the TV digital audio  (optical) out into the Phonak. I too have a soundbar. I'm sure that there are input/output conflicts in my receiver but I haven't played with it in a while. Getting the Phonak working was the priority In the meantime I lost the capability of my DVR, UGH. I feel I have tried all input/output configurations with no luck. It really shouldn't be this difficult and I do miss my DVR. Usedknobby, that's what I used to use on my enduro bike, HA.

Thx for your input

I used the optical out into a techole digital to analog converter which then allowed me to connect to tv link with an rca cable, went into tv settings and changed sound output to pcm and it works !!. Yeah when I first joined ebay I was looking to find tires for my motocross bike, needed a username hence Usedknobby.

0 Kudos
Usedknobby
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@toe wrote:

Thx Usedknobby. Wow, this is a reach since so much time has gone by. Actually, I did get my Phonak working properly but didn't post it because I'm not sure what got it working. I am using the TV digital audio  (optical) out into the Phonak. I too have a soundbar. I'm sure that there are input/output conflicts in my receiver but I haven't played with it in a while. Getting the Phonak working was the priority In the meantime I lost the capability of my DVR, UGH. I feel I have tried all input/output configurations with no luck. It really shouldn't be this difficult and I do miss my DVR. Usedknobby, that's what I used to use on my enduro bike, HA.

Thx for your input

Thank you, I used a techole digital to analog converter with the optic audio output which then allowed me to connect to tv link with an rca cable went into tv settings and changed to pcm and it worked !! When I first used ebay was looking for tires for my motocross bike and needed a username hence Usedknobby.

0 Kudos
tannenba
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

our Phonak tv link comes with an optical cable that goes in the TV and the TV link.

0 Kudos
tannenba
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

change the tv's optical out to PCM.

0 Kudos
MarkKaminski
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't have the Phonak TV box... and now I won't need it (with the BlueTooth from the Roku).

0 Kudos
toe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Funny, I used to ride enduro and that's what I thought of. I also tried an analog converter. Thx for the update. I have many things to try when the spirit moves me.

toe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yup, I'm set to PCM. Like I said, it's working fine now. One day I'll dive into getting the DVD working again. It really should be simpler.

Thx, Tony