Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stuck on Home Screen

@Mjbeauc, it sounds like what you're referring to as the Home page is actually the startup animation.  No amount of button pushing on the remote will get it to move past that; it does it on its own.  Find the reset button on the stick somewhere and with the power connected press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds.  If you still can't get it to move past the startup animation to the "Let's get started" page then it's time to look into getting it replaced.  Perhaps @RokuMary-F can help with that or you can start at:

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

If you purchased it locally it's probably easiest to just return it to where your got it.

To reset the stick:

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Mary

have reset the device more than once still stuck on the bouncing roku

purchased in may

0 Kudos
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Pls advise on return option - bought at Walmart - doubt they will honor a return since it’s beyond  30 days

0 Kudos
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @Mjbeauc,

Thanks for following up.

We also recommend removing and reinserting the batteries of the remote then removing the power cable from your Roku device, waiting 5 seconds, and then reconnecting the cable if this helps resolve or isolate the issue from the Roku device to the Roku remote?

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Best regards,
Mary

Have performed all the suggestions - still stuck on the bouncing Roku page - is there a number I can call or do I need to replace with a fire stick

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mjbeauc,

Thanks for keeping in touch and appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Mary -roku

Confident I’ve tried all suggestions provided 

model - 3941X

s/n SOAH21ALVUK7

mike

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Mjbeauc

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Before forwarding your concern to our Support team, try unplugging your router first, then boot up your Roku device. Once it's up, replug your router. Make sure to troubleshoot in this order, and then let us know if there's any difference afterward.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Complete - did not resolve the issue 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Mjbeauc

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Thank you

0 Kudos