Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ds
Reel Rookie

Roku express white light blinking nothing on screen

Jump to solution

When I was using the roku express,  it was fine,  didn't use it for a while,  plugged it back in and nothing.  Apparently I didn't pay enough to get real support. 

I've unplugged,  re plugged, tried a different tv, reset my Internet,  change ports on the tv, reset the box,  unplugged many more times. ...even changed the batteries in the remote! 

All I get is a flashing white light on the little roku receiver.  Nothing on the screen,  no response to the remote. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ds
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express white light blinking nothing on screen

Jump to solution

After spending hours reading through threads and support,  I decide to change the USB power cord.  Problem fixed! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Ds
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After spending hours reading through threads and support,  I decide to change the USB power cord.  Problem fixed! 

0 Kudos
steaminone

Jump to solution

Oh!  Didn't try this!  I'll try this before I return the Roku, as a non-functioning device.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
steaminone

Jump to solution

and BTW, my Roku Express was brand new out of the box.  So, if this IS the problem, perhaps Roku ought to get themselves different supplies unless they can pinpoint which one of their suppliers is supply **bleep** power cords.

0 Kudos

Re: Roku Ultra no Roku screen screen.

Jump to solution

No Roku screen on TV. Just started this yesterday. Have had the Roku Ultra about 4 years, has worked fine. Tried different HDMI cable, tried different HDMI port, replugged the Ultra, repaired the remote... nothing helps. Is it possible that the Ultra device has died. What is the warranty. Can it be refurbished?

Charles Johnson...bluesheet9@gmail.com

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra no Roku screen screen.

Jump to solution

The warranty is one year at best.  Have you tried a factory reset?

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-How-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
misssappy

Jump to solution

I unplugged all, including hdmi, and as soon as the Ultra comes on, there is a "ROKU" screen and I pressed "home"  right away and then it was fine.  I think if you let it go into the black screen, and let it go to the white blinking light, then it is too late.  That is what I did the first time that I switched the hdmi to a different plug on my tv and had to unplug, wait 30 seconds, and replug all back in to get the "Roku" screen back again. 

0 Kudos
Hawkzon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with a less than a year old roku LT but I get nothing on the screen.  I've done all the prescribed fixes and still nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hawkzon

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried disconnecting the Roku device from the power and connecting it back in? Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV or another cable to see if that helps?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EdHoch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU Express + which has been working just fine for 2 1/2 years until this week. A white light started blinking on the front of the unit about once every second or so. There is also no signal going to the TV. I've tried the HDMI as well as the Composite cables.  I've tried unplugging the unit, replaced the batteries in the remote, rebooted my wireless router, replaced the USB power cord, tried the reset button on the back of the unit.  NOTHING  WORKS.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I've got the last two episodes of Obi Wan waiting for me.  THANKS!

0 Kudos