Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizfrei
Level 7

Roku express stuck on Roku screen after update

I'm setting up my Roku express for the first time. After I connect to wifi it checks for a new update and I have downloaded the new update when it restarts it's just stuck on the Roku home screen with the dancing Roku icon. I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, even letting it sit for awhile unplugged. I also pressed and held the reset button and once it finally reset it let me start the setting up process again but did the same thing after downloading the update. I also changed cdmi cords and ports to see if that made a difference and nothing changed. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku express stuck on Roku screen after update

If you did not hold the reset button for a minimum of 30 seconds, then it didn't fully reset. Try it again, and make sure you hold it for a minimum of 30 seconds. Not one second less. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos