Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku express on the fritz

Roku express keeps going on the fritz it moves without me touching the remote everytime I try and go watch something it takes me back to the home screen and sometimes shuts down my tv. I already tried to factory reset it work for a little bit then stopped 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku express on the fritz

The Roku Express remote is IR just like your TV remote so not likely IR interference.  Did you try brand new batteries in the Roku Express remote ?

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I changed the batteries yesterday 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Did you try taking batteries out of the remote and just use Roku app to start movies ?  Does the channel still change ?

Do you have close neighbors like in an apartment complex ? 

Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I fixed I just left it off for a while but thanks for your suggestions 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

it's doing it again do you have any more suggestions 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Yes tell your neighbor to stop using his Roku remote.

0 Kudos