Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku express is frozen and beeping.

My roku express is frozen on the home screen. I have tried remote reset (pressing the home button 5 times ect..), unplugging and replugging from the power and pressing the reset button on the device and nothing is working. I have tried the mobile app also to see if that works and nothing. The device keeps randomly crashing and beeping but always comes back to the same home screen with the same time it froze. HALP Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 19

Re: Roku express is frozen and beeping.

I see nobody has replied to this.  If you're still around, and assuming your Roku isn't toast, try this:

Unplug the power from your Roku.

Restart your router.  (I really don't understand WHY this helps, but it has worked for me several times. and it's what Roku recommends.)

After the router is up and running, power your Roku back up.  Make sure you plug it into your house power using the power converter that came with it (or similar with at least a 1 amp output),  not into a USB port on the tv.

When you get to the Roku home screen, if the system is responsive, see if you can now set up the network connection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos