Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express hdmi error

@Madqaman  you could have tried a different HDMI port on your TV.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
MannisioFam
Reel Rookie

I have tried all 3 HDMI ports on my TV. No change.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@MannisioFam  then there is probably an internal failure on the Roku itself.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
MannisioFam
Reel Rookie

Any advice on getting it fixed or Roku replacing it? Or will I just have to buy a new one?

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@MannisioFam  you could probably try returning the Roku for a replacement unit.

~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Madqaman
Reel Rookie

I find it hard to believe that I have 2 devices that started doing to same thing within a day or 2 and both the devices are bad. As I stated in my earlier post I believe it’s a software glitch in the Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MannisioFam

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What exactly is showing on screen? 

In addition, can you please provide us with the following information:

1. the serial numbers/device IDs of the devices that you are experiencing an issue.

2. What is the TV resolution? 1080p or lower?
3. Did this only start with OS 11.0 or is this a new device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MannisioFam
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

I have been getting the “HDCP Error Detected” message when I begin to stream something with increasing frequency. It started about 2 months after purchasing and using the device and it has been increasing in frequency since then. We now have to reconnect the HDMIs and power almost every time we wish to watch something, which is a pain with a slim, wall mounted TV. I’ve changed out HDMI cables and have cleaned the HDMI ports on the Roku and TV.

1. the serial numbers/device is -S02A22145PR5

2. TV resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels

3. this is a new device (About 6 months old)
0 Kudos