Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aimeeb
Level 7

Roku express hdmi error

I just got a Roku Express to replace a Roku that was older (unsure of the model but it wouldn’t support Disney+). It keeps defaulting to the hdmi connection problem screen when I turn it on. If I disconnect and reconnect the hdmi cable it works, but it’s a pain to have to do that every time. I tried the on screen suggestions (disconnect the hdmi, unplug the Roku and the tv, plug it all back in) and it didn’t help. Our tv is 1080p but not 4K or anything..it is several years old. I’ve tried anything I could on the forums to troubleshoot but no luck. It also runs very warm..my old roku did not. Help?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku express hdmi error

@Aimeeb 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried using another HDMI cable or using another HDMI port to see if it resolves your issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lv2sew
Level 7

I have had the same trouble. I replaced a chronically overheating stick (yes, I got the tiny extension cable) with a Roku Express that now periodically throws up the hdmi cable error screen. I have to unplug and plug back in, and it's getting old. I'm using the cable that came with the unit; shouldn't this work without all this hassle?! We have 2 other older units that have worked like a dream for years; it's been like pulling teeth to get something to work back here in my sewing room.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@lv2sew 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried using another HDMI cable or using another HDMI port to see if it resolves your issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos