Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leahdulber
Reel Rookie

Roku express constantly getting no connection modal when my signal strength says excellent.

I have a Roku express that is connected to a Samsung smart TV. Whenever I am watching shows on the Bravo app I am constantly interrupted by a no connection alert that says “connect to the internet now, or set it up after”. The alert pops up and I cannot get rid of it unless I leave the app, but the sound of the show continues to play in the background. This does not happen when I watch Netflix on this device or when I watch Bravo on my other Roku devices. 

The signal strength constantly says connected and excellent. I have tried to reset my tv, my WiFi, and my Roku. I have pulled up the secret menu and reset my drive and disconnected the Roku and connected it to a different HDMI. Nothing is working. Does anyone have a solve or is experiencing the same problem? Should I get a new Roku?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express constantly getting no connection modal when my signal strength says excellent.

Hello @leahdulber

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on the Bravo channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
leahdulber
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express constantly getting no connection modal when my signal strength says excellent.

It only occurs on my Bravo app on this specific Roku device. I have other Rokus in my house and it does not happen on those when I watch Bravo. I have removed the channel and done a system restart and that does not solve the problem. I have also done a network restart and it also does nothing. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@leahdulber

Appreciate the reply.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Bravo Support here: Bravo TV Contact Form

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos