Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GMAG
Level 8

Roku died while booting up, TV does not detect it at all now.

So I turned my TV on and I have my Roku Express connected through the USB so the Roku started to boot up along with the TV.... but then my power goes out like literally at the exact second that my TV/Roku is starting to boot up.  I think there was a power surge because my TV clicked on and off.  When the power was stable again I went to turn the TV back on and the Roku boot up screen doesn't start anymore. The light on the Roku is on so it seems its getting power but there is literally nothing showing up on the TV, as the TV just reads "no signal"

I checked to see if it was the HDMI cable that is connected to the TV but it works on other devices, I don't know what happened when I lost power as the Roku was booting up but now my TV can't detect it, I tried pressing the reset button on the back of the Roku but that did not do anything, does anyone know what could have happened? And how to fix the Roku?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Roku died while booting up, TV does not detect it at all now.

Does sound like a surge is possible. Obvious question is are you using a surge control power strip? And didnt your Mommy tell you about that?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
GMAG
Level 8

No sorry I don't have one of those,  how do I fix the Roku?

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

When you reset it hold the button a good 30 seconds in while powered on and without any MicoSD memory in it.

If you have another HDMI cable try it they do go bad.

If you can still exchange it do it and pick up a surge stick while your there.

0 Kudos
GMAG
Level 8

I already tested the HDMI cable it works on other devices and I already tried the reset button holding it down. 

Since this does not work is there a way to actually talk to someone from Roku support to see if I can send it in to get fixed or something?

Also I apologize that I don't know about technology things, I am still in school, and I was adopted from a developing country and my mother is very old and doesn't know about surge sticks.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Yes there is a support number and/or you can talk to one of the admins

@RokuTannerD  or @RokuDanny-R  theyll be along check back and be patient

GMAG
Level 8

Okay thank you, sorry this is my first time on here.