Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku device heats up

Jump to solution

For the past few months my Roku Express has been rebuffering quite a lot while we are watching TV. We've double checked the internet connection and that is not the problem.

The Roku device heats up after watching TV after a couple of hours, enough time to watch a movie or a couple of tv series episodes. 

We are contemplating returning the device and purchasing a new one.

HELP!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku device heats up

Jump to solution

@Docaargh 

Thanks for the post.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

If you are still experiencing a message on screen mentioning overheating, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Docaargh 

Thanks for the post.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

If you are still experiencing a message on screen mentioning overheating, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello Danny,

No there has not been a red light nor any message popping up on the screen regarding the overheating. We have just started disconnecting the device from the power source until we want to watch something on the Roku.

0 Kudos