Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku device freezes

My roku device was working just fine until yesterday. All of a sudden it started having issues. Home screen won’t always load and then when it does load, I click into one of the channels, it starts loading it and freezes right away (gets stuck on the first screen with the channel logo, before loading is complete). This has been happening consistently. We tried plugging off the roku express several times and it didn’t help. No issues with network connectivity or internet. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku device freezes

Same here man. SO ANNOYING. I'll start up my tv, with my Roku, and once it hits the channel screen it freezes for like 20mins or longer. Its like it doesnt even know the remote is working with obviously new batteries. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

So how do you resolve the situation? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Moe8 @thehomie_g 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your device to see if that resolves the issue? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please feel free to send me a PM with the following information:
-Roku device
-serial number
-device ID
-Roku OS
(these all can be found in Settings > System > About)
-Tracker ID (you can get the Tracker ID by pressing the Home button 5x, followed by the Back button 5x, when this issue occurs)
-when did this issue start to occur

Once I have this information, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I recently installed Roku Ultra.  It worked fine for a couple days, then the screen froze.  I had to unplug and re-plug to free it up. Now, it freezes on Home screen, then, as it is now, goes to a wall paper like an aquarium and I can not get it off of there and the Roku box is off?  Only way I can get it to start over is to unplug/re-plug, yet I still am unable to watch anything.  Please help.  Thank you 

Aktweetygirl

0 Kudos