Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku cutting in and out of new tv

We got a new LG TV a couple weeks ago and when we got our new TV, now our Roku cuts in and out. It will play normally for a few minutes, but then just turns black for a second and then comes back on. This is especially bad when using the spectrum app on Roku but there is no spectrum app on the tv so we don’t have a choice. But it is even happening when on the Roku home screen. I have tried resetting settings, rebooting the systems, I made sure the auto-adjust display refresh rate was disabled, trying different HDMI ports...any other suggestions? 
my display type says 4K HDR at 60 Hz HDCP 2.2. 

Could this be a problem with my tv settings vs my Roku setting since it was fine before switching TVs? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku cutting in and out of new tv

@Hollzkamp  Thanks for the note here. This could relate to a settings/configuration issue with your new TV. We'd recommend contacting your TV manufacturer and trying to adjust settings related to display output, or other features such as HDR. Some LG TVs have a setting called HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color. If your model offers this, you might try turning it off/on to see if this makes a difference. We'd also recommend trying a different HDMI port, and/or HDMI cable. For 4K content, you'll need to ensure that you are using an HDCP 2.2 certified high-speed HDMI cable in order for content to display properly. Older HDMI cables that are not compliant may cause display related issues. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku cutting in and out of new tv

@RokuTannerD 

I have the exact same issue for the exception mine is a Samsung. It is not a 4K TV only 1080. It is a smart TV tho.

Every 3-5 min on the spectrum app, it will black out, turn off the TV, then turn it on, then ask me if I want to continue watching the Spectrum app - sometimes it will even reboot the entire Roku. I’m at a loss, it’s so irritating, especially when I’m watching OnDemand it always starts over to the beginning. 

I have switched HDMI ports. I don’t understand the HDMI cable thing because my Roku goes straight into the TV. 

Please, any help would be appreciated. I did everything below but nothing works. 

MyTVSpecs: $$ Bought in 2014

Samsung H6400

H6400 is one of the mid-range models with Full HD resolution and Smart TV functionality.

• Full HD
  • Smart TV
  • Quad Core processor
  • CMR 480 / 400
  • Active 3D
  • Smart Touch remote
  • WiFi

0 Kudos