Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waltd86
Level 7

Roku crashing

It happens often. I could be watching you tube, Hulu or the cw app and it shut down and go to the main screen. I am using a roku tv hitachi brand. Why?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku crashing

Please go into the settings menu and tell us the model number. I recognize it's a Roku TV, but there are quite a number of them on the market. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Waltd86
Level 7

3400x
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Thanks for that. Model 3400 is the original Roku MHL Stick. Is there a Stick that plugs into the back of the TV in an HDMI jack? You would still control it with the TV remote. If that's what you have, it's really old hardware and may just be worn out. I have an old 2 XS which is pretty much the same internals as the 3400, and it's so bad I never use it anymore and have replaced it with newer equipment. 
If there's no Stick plugged into an HDMI port, then I don't know what you have, and someone else will have to chime in here. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos