Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Velasco-0128
Level 7

Roku completely stopped working.

I have a Roku express purchased in May 2020. It has worked perfectly on the same TV, on HDMI3,  never moved, just occasionally unplugged the power, until several days ago. When I turn it on there’s nothing, not even the bouncing letters. Just a black screen and no sound. The light on the device flashes when I press the buttons on the remote, but no sound or picture. 
Ive tried all the suggestions here and elsewhere online, unplugging for periods of time, resetting, using different inputs and nothing is working. I tried it on another tv and I still get nothing. TV works with DVD player and antenna. 
Any ideas or did I buy a lemon? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
wander73
Level 9

Re: Roku completely stopped working.

You might want to check your internet speed.   Here is what you can do. 

Reset your roku,   there should be a button somewhere on it.   the remote should have a button in it like most of them do.  Unplug the roku,  reset and see what happens.  It's not your antenna.  

Call your internet provider,  remember it's not always the price it's the value,  explain to them what you have  and they might be of help.  

0 Kudos
Velasco-0128
Level 7

I did reset my Roku. When it came back on the blue light is flashing when I hit any button on the remote, but nothing on the screen. 
RE: Antenna. I only used it to make sure that the TV was working fine. 
I will call my service provider on Thursday. 

0 Kudos
wander73
Level 9

Ok.  You need to take your time.  

First,  turn off your router, turn it back on,   then when everything comes back to normal in like before 5 minutes,  on the back of the tablo,  hit that blue button,   also on the roku hit factory reset and undo the tablo channel .  wait a moment and re do the tablo channel.  

0 Kudos
Velasco-0128
Level 7

I have done all those things and my Roku is still dead. I give up unless someone else has a new idea. 

0 Kudos