Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fgallov
Level 7

Roku audio

Roku audio all of a sudden has garbled & static sound & speech on every channel. Happened before and person said how to fix it, but lost instructions. Now happening again months later.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku audio

Just try unplugging the power for few seconds and plug it back in or go to Settings->System->System restart.

0 Kudos
Sparkyboy
Level 7

I did all of that, switch HDMI cord to the back of the TV, turned it all off and on again, pulled the plugs out of the Premiere little box, changed channel, still the same problem.  I have 2 TV's with a regular ROKU usb device to the back of the TV and they have no static problem! Help!

0 Kudos
serenereveries
Level 7

I have multiple Roku's and I just purchased a Roku Ultra thinking that the last one was just one of their more basic models.   I get no sound at all and occasionally get the garbled thing. After many, many "support" emails that truly were ineffective they have said that there is a software issue that is causing this problem. The support is not local it appears and the emails are basically canned responses. No responsibility and at the end they want me to ship the Roku, at my cost, back to them and they will then turn around and send me another one. 

My final response is to take the Roku back to where I purchased it and move on to another streaming device. If anyone has suggestions please let me know. 

This is the second or third roku that has had this issue. I have to unplug and plug the roku in everytime the sound goes out.  I tried going up the chain of command to no avail.  Truly disappointing.

0 Kudos