Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullfam1
Level 7

Roku audio sync

Hello,

My first post here, so bear with me.

I am having issues with the audio syncing while streaming shows (Netflix, Xfinity app, etc).  It does not occur on all channels, but it is very frustrating.  Each TV is of a different brand (Sony, Samsung, Vizio) and it occurs on each TV.  I have three Roku sticks and one Roku3.  All have been updated with the latest Roku system update.

I just switched over to using Roku sticks as I gave Comcast their boxes back to save money.  I never had this issue while using the boxes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marty
Thanks,

Marty
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku audio sync

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Do you have any audio modes enabled on your device? You can check by pressing the * key during playback. If enabled, try turning these off and see if the issue persists.

If that doesn't do the trick, please send me a private message with the following details so I can continue assisting you:
-device serial numbers from Settings>System>About
-specific channels that you are experiencing the issue and any specific titles of content
-make and model of your TVs (and AVRs if you are you using any)
-current audio settings in Settings>Audio>Audio mode

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sullfam1
Level 7

I have sent the information requested to you as a private message.

Marty
Thanks,

Marty
0 Kudos
joshgillen
Level 7

Was this resolved? 
If a Roku player is having issues with audio sync playback with the video what is the most common reasons for the sync issue?
0 Kudos
sullfam1
Level 7

Still not resolved.  Honestly, thinking about moving to a Fire stick if not resolved.

M
Thanks,

Marty
0 Kudos
joshgillen
Level 7

Sounds good, in this space there are several streaming device options. I don't like the fact roku boxes just pass through ac3 to the device. If the tv doesn't support ac3 the stream just stops.

They really need to fix the sync issue. Did the version9 update introduce them? Even their own player has audio sync issues when testing a couple of hls URLs. Plays fine on VLC and anything else I test with.

Nvidia shield is my favorite and the FireTV boxes are great for a lower cost option. I haven't spent a lot of time yet with the apple TV but I like the look of their interface.

It's hard for companies to launch video streaming services if one of the main player models has audio sync issues. I just wish they could advise me if it is something in the hls stream or their player settings/software causing the issue.
0 Kudos