Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku apps not working WiFi is fine, reset it, now stuck on checking for new software

I think I now have a brick.

Wifi is fine, able to connect, when I go into apps it drops the wifi connection. Did a reset, connected to the wifi. Now it is stuck in a endless “checking for new software”. Been this way for hours.

any way to download the software And reimage the thing? Or do I have a brick?

last updated June 1st.

4660RW ultra

9.3.0 build 4170-46

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku apps not working WiFi is fine, reset it, now stuck on checking for new software

The only thing I can suggest is to perform a factory reset.  Find the little pinhole and press the button for no less than 30 seconds.  If the setup still doesn't complete, repeat the factory reset, but try using a wired connection or a phone as a hotspot just to get through the initial setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku apps not working WiFi is fine, reset it, now stuck on checking for new software

I have exactly the same issue.  Everything worked fine before the last system update. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I am having the same problem. I am frustrated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Exact same issue. Just woke up and now this **bleep**. Didn't even do anything to the device.

0 Kudos