Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku and soundbar

Hi, just bought a streaming stick +. I have a Samsung LED tv that’s older and speaker doesn’t work. I have been using a vizio soundbar connected to arc. Is there anyway to have the Roku remote change the volume of the soundbar, or turn the soundbar on? I hate having to use a separate remote to control volume. 

remote turns tv on and off, but doesn’t do anything to change volume on soundbar. Help! Been searching google and YouTube, but no avail. 

Btw, tv setting is set up to audio output to soundbar. And Roku is connected to via hdmi. 

#streamingstick+ 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 20

Re: Roku and soundbar

Roku remotes only control tv's power & volume. If your tv has hdmi-cec and its turned on, it should work like this: Roku remote controls the tv, which sends a hdmi-cec signal over the hdmi cable to the soundbar controlling its volume. See if you can go into the tv settings and refresh the cec devices connected to it. 

Edmund
0 Kudos