Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efbrazil
Reel Rookie

Re: No video/audio on new Roku 4K+, identical connection works with old Roku

Did you try unplugging roku and then plugging it back in? That seems to be the only real fix.

0 Kudos
cenby13
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku and App UIs display but only black screen for content

If you have an AV receiver, try connecting the HDMI from Roku to an input on the receiver. The receiver HDMI out gors to an input on the TV. This solved those problems for me. Im guessing the receiver changes or otherwise buffers the Roku signal which satisfys the tv. Simeone else suggested using a multi port HDMI switch. Not sure if this is a solution.

0 Kudos
cenby13
Channel Surfer

Re: Black screen on new device

I posted elsewhere regarding this problem. I resolved by connecting Roku to an HDMI input on my AV receiver. The AV HDMI out feeds an input on my tv. Roku now works normally. The AV receiver does something the tv "likes". I believe the tv no longer sees 4k from Roku but I really don't care. Frustrating, i know. Hard to believe Roku fails to fix this

0 Kudos
JaSade
Reel Rookie

Paramount /CBS app shows has no sound or picture

I am trying to watch season 5 of swat I originally tried on the CBS app on my roku TV and I was met with no sound and no picture. the only reason I knew the show was progressing was because the caption was yet moving forward whenever I would hit fast forward on the TV, I would see the images at the bottom of the screen but there was no images on the screen so I switched to Paramount plus and tried to watch it through there and was met with the same results I left the CBS network on Paramount and tried BET, I clicked on a show from BET and the same thing is happening. I'm paying for these apps I should be able to watch them. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount /CBS app shows has no sound or picture

@JaSade, try restarting your Roku and your TV for that matter.  Pull out the power cords for several seconds and plug everything back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tdavislong
Channel Surfer

I am having the same problem; did reset, restart, left unplugged. I have not seen a solution. 

It worked one day and not the next. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @tdavislong

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or on all channels installed on your Roku device? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tdavislong
Channel Surfer

All channels; there is sound and captioning. I can see the menu. I can forward or reverse the program and the images show up at the bottom but the screen is blank otherwise. And when it is paused, the 'ads for other programs' are running and they show up on the screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@tdavislong

Thanks for the reply.

How are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. If possible, please also reply here with a photo of the issue occurring.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tdavislong
Channel Surfer

I having been using the device without problems since I bought it-at least 4 months ago.

Shown is the screen using the forwarding button. it will show images, but not the playing program .  It is plugged into an electrical outlet. screen shows blackscreen shows black

0 Kudos