Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tillysaint
Level 7

Roku & Pandora Problem

I determined my problem with Roku and Pandora where Pandora stops working.

My problem with the Ultra was with the Aquarium screensaver.  When Roku determine is was time to go to sleep it shut off Pandora.  I disabled the screen saver and Pandora's has been up & running since!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NTC
Level 10

Re: Roku & Pandora Problem

@Tillysaint wrote:

I determined my problem with Roku and Pandora where Pandora stops working.

My problem with the Ultra was with the Aquarium screensaver.  When Roku determine is was time to go to sleep it shut off Pandora.  I disabled the screen saver and Pandora's has been up & running since!

I sent an email to Pandora support stating the same thing.

It would help if it was posted in this Pandora forum, community (whatever)

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/Roku-Playback-Stops-After-Every-Song/td-p/37885

0 Kudos
Patty1515
Level 7

Mine does this too. Plays a few songs, shuts off sound and goes to Screensaver. If you hit ok on the remote, Pandora is still there, then you can restart play. Kind of aggravating. 

0 Kudos
NTC
Level 10

@Patty1515 wrote:

Mine does this too. Plays a few songs, shuts off sound and goes to Screensaver. If you hit ok on the remote, Pandora is still there, then you can restart play. Kind of aggravating. 

I believe Pandora fixed the problem with a beta update. See link above, they discuss it in there.

0 Kudos
Patty1515
Level 7

Haven't gotten any updates yet... when I read through the link, they seem like they haven't figured it out yet. 

0 Kudos
NTC
Level 10

@Patty1515 wrote:

Haven't gotten any updates yet... when I read through the link, they seem like they haven't figured it out yet. 

The solution is literally after the first post. It links to the steps you need to take. For simplicity sake, I have provided the direct link here:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/Roku-Playback-Stops-After-Every-Song/m-p/41693/highli...

0 Kudos