Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfan
Level 8

Roku Won't Start, Remains Stuck On Animated Logo Screen

Jump to solution

First off, I just want to say I've been a very big fan of Roku over the years, and have recommended it to all my family and friends. A few years back, I set up Rokus for several family members and helped them switch off their expensive cable TV.

The Roku I originally set up for my father is currently not working. It is a Roku 2, Model 4210x2, from about 2016.

He was watching one day when things just froze up, so we restarted the device by unplugging the power cord, then plugging it back in 10 seconds later. The Roku will begin to start up, but it stays stuck on the animated Roku logo. The Home screen will never appear.

I attempted a full factory reset. Unplug all cables except power cable, hold down reset button with paperclip for 20 seconds, unplug power cable, and then release reset button. This has no effect. The Roku won't start up, it stays stuck on the animated Roku logo.

Is there anything else I can try doing? I appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rfan
Level 8

Re: Roku Won't Start, Remains Stuck On Animated Logo Screen

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, this one doesn't have an SD card and it ain't that simple to fix! I appreciate the info though. I contacted Roku support and they said the device was faulty. Time to buy a new one

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If he has an sd card installed in his Roku, try removing the sd card and restarting the Roku. A corrupted sd card has been known to cause the freeze at the dancing letters screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
rfan
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, this one doesn't have an SD card and it ain't that simple to fix! I appreciate the info though. I contacted Roku support and they said the device was faulty. Time to buy a new one

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
smithsc2012
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'd forgotten I had an SD card in mine. Thank you for the suggestion - found it, popped it out and now I just have to log in to all my channels again... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos