Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SD493
Level 7

Roku UltraSluggish

I have the Roku Ultra. I have had it since shortly after the Ultra was introduced. Lately, it has become very sluggish in it's response to the remote.  A reboot fixes this, but it is annoying to have to do it at least daily, sometimes several times a day. Not infrequently, it will spontaneously reboot while I am watching something. It has become an increasingly unstable device for me (I have the latest updates). Anybody else having problems with the Ultra?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku UltraSluggish

Have you checked the batteries in the remote? There’s a menu item for that.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
SD493
Level 7

It’s not the remote. The results are the same with my Harmony or the Roku remote. The Roku Ultra has become very unstable.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Can't say it's been a problem with mine. I might go weeks without a reboot. The only time it's rebooted is a firmware update or loss of commercial power. That hasn't happened in a long time.  
In fairness, it isn't used heavily, but it can sit there untouched for a week and works just fine when I do use it.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Could it be a custom screensaver or something like that, causing slowdown? Maybe try changing the theme or the screensaver, just as a troubleshoot step.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Mazz
Level 10

Do you have an MicroSD card inserted into your Roku? I have had the odd issues where my Roku got buggy due to the MicroSD card getting corrupted. And a weird issue i have noticed with my Roku making the Remote sluggish is, for some reason if my Android box is not turned on while i use my Roku i can't use the remote. I either have to turn on my box or unplug the power source from it for my Roku remote to work properly.(Freaking Weird issue)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
SD493
Level 7

A reboot solves the problem, until the next time.
0 Kudos