Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forumhero
Level 7

Roku Ultra won’t boot after Restart

Hi All,  Every time I restart, or loose power, my Ultra doesn’t boot up and I’m just seeing a black screen.  I have discovered if I hold the reset button on the Ultra for a few seconds, it will boot up to the home page however I have to re-setup my Ultra and all my channels again from scratch, which is super frustrating. Could this be a hardware issue? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra won’t boot after Restart

Do you have an SD card inserted?  If so, take it out.  So when you do Restart from the System menu you just get a black screen?  Does the light on the front come on solid after a minute or two and if you press a button on the remote does it flash?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
forumhero
Level 7

Hi There,

I do not have an SD Card plugged in.  Yes that's correct the black screen occurs when I do a Restart from the system menu or if I unplug/plug the power.  The light stays solid but does not blink when pressing buttons on the remote. I wonder if there's a way to do a complete factory reset?

0 Kudos
DamageInc
Level 7

Just picked up a Roku Ultra yesterday and I have the same issue.  I set it up and when I power it down and back on I get sound, but no video.  I have to do a full reset.  I think it has to do with the Display setting you choose.   Under Settings-Display Type.  Mine says the highest setting (4K HDR 60Hz TV) should work, but returns to the menu after a blank screen.  I have to select one of the lower settings.  I have set it to 720 (the lowest setting) and power it off/on and seems to be working.  I would like to use the higher settings since all my equipment should support it.  I do have my Roku plugged into a Denon receiver and then the receiver to the ARC port on the tv.  All other devices on the receiver work without fail as did an older Roku 4K which I was replacing.  I also have not added an SD card.  Please advise

0 Kudos