Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huffmans1
Level 7

Roku Ultra - video goes Black, Green & Fuzzy-then fine for a couple minutes

Jump to solution
My set up: Roku Ultra (HDMI out) to Samsung Soundbar (HW-MM55C) HDMI-ARC out to TV (Visio E601i-A3)

I'm having problems with Video -
The symptom: Screens goes Black, may flash Solid Green and then go fuzzy "snow". Then the picture will reappear like there was no problem. Keep in mind that the audio is fine.

Troubleshooting - Swapped to 4K HDMI Cables, Changed setting on ROKU to disable auto Refresh Rate Freq. Set Roku to 1080 output (to match TV). Shut all devices down, unplugged from power for 10 minutes and powered back up. est result was it ran for 3 hours and then, when I changed TV input to Antenna & back to Roku, it started having the same problems again. When, I bypassed the soundbar, it works fine - no problems, but I cannot control volume with Digital out from TV to soundbar. We bought the Ultra to eliminate a remote.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Huffmans1
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra - video goes Black, Green & Fuzzy-then fine for a couple minutes

Jump to solution

The issue was running 4k signal thru the samsung sound bar then to the old visio TV. That was the only way to control volume with on e remote in that set up. Solution was i bought a 4k Samsung TV and ran digital audio from tv to sound bar and 4k video directly to the tv from roku. Works great!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tucansam337
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here, any luck?

0 Kudos
Huffmans1
Level 7

Jump to solution

The issue was running 4k signal thru the samsung sound bar then to the old visio TV. That was the only way to control volume with on e remote in that set up. Solution was i bought a 4k Samsung TV and ran digital audio from tv to sound bar and 4k video directly to the tv from roku. Works great!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos