Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maryenc
Level 7

Roku Ultra to Roku TV (to sync signal to 2 TVs)

We recently needed to purchase a new TV. We selected the TCL P605 Roku TV. Unfortunately, we didn't realize this TV doesn't have any video out. We like the TV, but we have a loft with a 2nd TV and we need to use the same signal on both TVs (i.e., they need to be in sync when both are on). We thought maybe we could get a Roku Ultra and split the signal out to both TVs. But we are unsure if we can have a Roku box feed signal to a Roku TV. Does anyone know if this will work -- or have other suggestions? Thanks much!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Ultra to Roku TV (to sync signal to 2 TVs)

Yes, there is no reason you can't feed a Roku TV with a Roku player. I did it myself with my Sharp Roku TV and my Ultra for a while. For your situation it would seem to be the best solution. Just remember that the Ultra and your TCL TV are 4K capable. If your upstairs TV isn't 4K, make sure you set the Roku Ultra to 1080 output. If both TVs are 4K, make sure your HDMI splitter supports 4K 60p and HDCP 2.2. Be aware that 4K Roku players can be extremely sensitive to HDMI HDCP 2.2 connection issues. 
When you plug something into an HDMI jack, you can rename the input from a selection of names. Roku Player is one of the name available, so Roku obviously considered this.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
maryenc
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra to Roku TV (to sync signal to 2 TVs)

"atc98092" wrote:
Yes...

Great information!!  Thanks much!
0 Kudos