Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksall

Roku Ultra suddenly buzzing and crackling constantly

I've been using Roku Ultra with voice remote for over a year without any problems.  However, for the past few days, I cannot use Roku at all due to very loud buzzing and crackling as soon as it powers up (although the video is fine and the remote works).

I don't use a soundbar. I have excellent speakers and AVR. I use Logitech Universal remote to control devices. I've verified that every mode other than Roku is working fine: TV and DVR, CD, Blu-ray, Sonos via my AVR, and radio, so this is not an amplifier problem as far as I can tell.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra suddenly buzzing and crackling constantly

Hello @ksall

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try performing a factory reset on your Roku Ultra and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing? Feel free to follow the steps below to reset your player with your Roku remote or Roku mobile app:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kattlove71
Reel Rookie

I have very good streaming bar and it crackles and does all kinds of weird noises in and out in and out and it's driving me nuts I'm really starting to hate this stupid thing

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @kattlove71

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

We would recommend starting first with my suggestion above. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Streambar. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos