Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morales07302
Level 7

Roku Ultra screen and audio blink for 1 to 2 seconds periodically

My Ruku Ultra video and audio are randomly blinking off for about 1 to 2 seconds at a time.  Sometimes is video, sometimes it's just audio and sometimes it's both.  This will happen every day.  This started about two weeks ago. The only way to fix it temporarily is to restart the device.  Is the device failing?  Is the firmware version no good?  Please help.

Model 4660RW

Software 9.2.0 Build  4807-46

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra screen and audio blink for 1 to 2 seconds periodically

How are you powering your Roku -- plugged into your house current or into a USB port on the tv. Most tv USB ports don't provide adequate power to run a Roku reliably. You may be able to run at the ragged edge but minor variations of the power output of the USB port can lead to the symptoms you describe.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Morales07302
Level 7

I'm running on house current with the supplied cabled

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Well, we can scratch that one off the list. some things to check/try:

Make sure both ends of the HDMI cable are firmly inserted.

Try a different HDMI port on the tv if it has more than one.

If you have another USB power adaptor handy that is rated at least 1 amp try that instead of the one that came with the Roku.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos