Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sawyergarske
Level 7

Roku Ultra says my tv is not capable of hdcp 2.2

Hi all. I have a 4k UHD television connected to a Roku Ultra (which I love by the way). Every single time I wake my tv and roku up to watch TV, I check the display settings only to see that it tells me my TV isn't compatible with hdcp 2.2. (Second checkmark) but the first checkmark says I am capable of playing 4k at 60 fps. It's not a huge deal because I literally unplug it and plug it back in and it fixes the issue and the picture looks great.. But I have to do EVERY SINGLE TIME I turn my TV back on. I've tried 3 different hdmi cords and 2 different hdmi ports. Ive turned off 'auto adjust refresh rate' and tried turning down the subsampling to 4:2:0. It seemed to help at first but now it's back to doing it every time. What should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra says my tv is not capable of hdcp 2.2

@Sawyergarske

Thanks for the post.

If you connect your device to another TV, are you experiencing the same issue?

In addition, can you please provide us with the following information: Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos