Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArikDeFrasia
Level 8

Roku Ultra's lose A/V signal intermittently when outputting at 1080p

So I've been using my Roku Ultra (2017) with a 40" Samsung 720p tv for 2 years with no issues, but I recently replaced the tv with my 55" 1080p Samsung tv (samsung un55fh6030f) and after about 30-50 minutes the input signal drops for 1 second. It's only a second, but after that initial drop it does it again every 10-20 minutes.  The 1080p tv has been used as a living room PC monitor for the past 7 years without issue and the Roku is the only device that causes this random loss of signal.  Even now, there is a different pc hooked up to it, and it doesn't lose the A/V signal over extended use.

• I've disabled/enabled auto refresh rate adujstment, and auto resolution detection, but it hasn't stopped the issue.
  • It happens regardless of what roku app I'm using (Plex, Netflix, Prime Video, etc.)
  • It's both a audio and video signal drop, the same as if I just unplugged the hdmi for a second.
  • Confirmed: The only thing that stops it is to set the roku's display resolution to 720p.
  • I tried a 2nd Roku Ultra (2018) and it also drops the signal the same as the original.
  • I've changed which hdmi port it's plugged into, but no difference.
  • I've replaced the hdmi cable, but no difference.
  • Turned TV's auto-motion plus on and off. No difference.
  • Tried changing Tv's picture mode to standard and dynamic. No change.
  • TV does not do this with any other devices (pc, ps3, ps4, nintendo switch, firestick).
  • Tried a 90 degree adapter, no change.
  • Tried 7 different varieties of HDMI cables now. Definitely not an HDMI cable issue at this point.
  • Manually checked for system/app updates and it claims everything is up to date.
  • TV firmware is up to date.
Any ideas?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku Ultra's lose A/V signal intermittently when outputting at 1080p

What RokuOS firmware version are you on?  9.4.0-4200 was released for all devices as of yesterday; if you were on build 4190, get 4200, see if this resolves the behavior.

0 Kudos
ArikDeFrasia
Level 8

Says it was updated to 4200 as of yesterday. I'll update once I give it another go tonight at 1080p.

0 Kudos
ArikDeFrasia
Level 8

@StreamerUser wrote:

What RokuOS firmware version are you on?  9.4.0-4200 was released for all devices as of yesterday; if you were on build 4190, get 4200, see if this resolves the behavior.

Unfortunately didn't fix the issue.

0 Kudos